Be IN Unison with The Waste Eliminator, INcubes Mentor Peter LePiane
INcubes is known for a focus on agile and lean methodology.
Peter LePiane mentors INcubes startups on how to apply rigour to the product development process and helps them fail fast and succeed faster!
Peter states, “The Startup Genome Project estimates that 74% of tech startups fail due to premature scaling. By applying Lean Startup Methodology to the startup process, it’s possible to ensure scaling at the right time; immediately after reaching product/market fit.”
Reducing uncertainty is key for early startups to reduce waste, risk, and gain potential investor interest ahead of the curve. Peter brings this INoffice during INcubes Acceleration Here are some points he brings to bear on each INcubes startup.
- Determining when to scale is key.
- Investors burn 2-3x more capital in startups that haven’t reached Problem-Solution Fit yet, let alone Product-Market Fit.
- Founders over-estimate the value of their IP before Product-Market Fit by 255%.
- Startups need 2-3x longer to reach Product-Market Fit than most founders expect.
- Startups that haven’t raised money over-estimate their market size by 100x and often misrepresent their market as new.
- Premature scaling is the primary reason for startups to under-perform and causes approx 74% of tech startups to fail.